I remember when I was an apprentice using an Electric Plane to plane down the side of a vanity benchtop. As an apprentice I was silly enough to be wearing a long shirt that wasn’t tucked into my pants. While I was planing the side down my shirt came to close to the Electric Plane and got dragged into the blades. Lucky for me, it dragged in enough of the shirt to jam up the blades and stopped them from spinning anymore, otherwise I would’ve had a got chunck of my stomach torn out.
So this is one of the reasons why I thought some safety tips for power tools would be a good thing to write about.
1. Always tuck in loose clothing and preferably don’t wear lose fitting clothing.
2. If you wear rings on your fingers, remove them whilst using power tools.
3. Wear saftey goggles whenever using tools that spray out any flying debri.
4. If you have long hair, tie it up and out of the way.
5. Wear ear plugs or ear muffs when using power tools that are excessively loud.
6. Steel Cap boots should be worn when working with heavy materials and power tools.
They are the general safety tips that should be taken into consideration when you work with power tools.